Photo Credit: Danielle Bell
Benefits of giving stock:
You receive a two-fold tax savings if your stock was held for more than one year:
- Your tax deduction will be based on the full fair market value of the stock.
- You won’t pay capital gains tax on the increase in the stock’s value.
To donate stock to The Prairie Enthusiasts:
- Contact your broker to make a gift to The Prairie Enthusiasts, and include which stock/mutual funds you want to donate and how many shares.
- Ask them to include your name and contact information with the gift.
- Have them transfer the stock through The Prairie Enthusiasts’ broker:
First Business Bank
Attn: Gary Fossum
401 Charmany Drive
Madison, WI 53719
Account Name: The Prairie Enthusiasts Inc. (Federal Tax ID 39-1601574)
Account #: 6358-5957
DTC #: 0075
4. Notify us of your donation by emailing Info@ThePrairieEnthusiasts.org or calling (608) 676-0985. This alerts us so we can confirm when the gift is received.
Receive monthly updates from the field and opportunities to help protect prairies near you.