IRA Charitable Rollover
Photo Credit: Gary Schackelford
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover:
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000.
- Helps satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year.
- Reduces your taxable income (even if you do not itemize deductions).
To make an IRA charitable rollover to The Prairie Enthusiasts:
1. Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to The Prairie Enthusiasts, including the amount.
2. Ask them to include your name and contact information with the gift.
If gifting cash, have payment sent to:
The Prairie Enthusiasts
PO Box 824
Viroqua, WI 54665
Federal Tax ID #39-1601574
If gifting stock, have them transfer the stock through The Prairie Enthusiasts’ broker:
First Business Bank
Attn: Gary Fossum
401 Charmany Drive
Madison, WI 53719
Account Name: the Prairie Enthusiasts Inc. (Federal Tax ID 39-1601574)
Account #: 6358-5957
DTC #: 0075
3. Notify us of your donation by emailing Info@thePrairieEnthusiasts.org or calling (608) 676-0985. This alerts us so we can confirm when the gift is received.
Receive monthly updates from the field and opportunities to help protect prairies near you.